All creations can be found here: http://simfileshare.net/folder/84038/
in the same structure as the labels on the right.
Even when the downloadlink in the blogpost doesn't work.

When SimFileShare is not available, please, let me know which creation(s) you wish to download!
Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Happy simming!

Saturday, May 27, 2017

New Tutorial: A career as a life time want (LTW)

Lots of people want new life time wants. There is a way to make careers a life time want and it's not even that hard, but you have to do it for every sim individually and you'll have to use SimPE for it.
Also this only works for custom careers.

What you need:

  • The GUID of the career you wish to have for your sim.

To know the GUID, you'll have to ask the creator of the custom career.
I'll add the GUID of every of my careers to the Overview of all my creations rather than changing every upload on every site I posted: http://bit.ly/allcreations
If the GUID of the career you want as a LTW is not on the list yet, let me know and I'll add it asap.


I think that's the right downloadlink. I have had it for years so I'm not really sure.

This is something that has to be done for every of your sims individualy so it's something you'll have to do yourself. I can't do this for you.

First BACK-UP your neighbourhood! I'm not responsible if following this tutorial crashes your game or blows up your computer.


  • Start SimPE
  • Tools -> Neighbourhood -> Neighbourhood Browser ...
  • Select the neighbourhood your sim is from and click "Open"
    • Wait for your neighbourhood to fully load
    • This might take a while. Be patient!
    • The loading bar is seen at the bottom of the program
    • Don't press anything as long as SimPE is loading the neighbourhood
  • Click "Sim Description (SDSC)" in the overview at the left (you might have to scroll down)
    • Wait for all the sims to fully load
  • Select the sim whose life time want you want to change in the top area
  • Click "More"
  • Click "Open Wants and Fears"
  • Ensure only "Lifetime Wants" is checked
  • Select/Highlight the current LifetimeWants
  • Change "Want ID" drop-down to "(Career) Job / Reach the top of the $career"
    • It's obvious you want this as a LTW
  • Enter "GUID" as the "Arg:" (the drop-down will change to "*Other*")
  • Click "Commit"
  • Go to File and Save
  • Exit SimPE
  • Start the game
  • Find the sim you selected in step 7 and check their LTW

CaliBrat @ MTS volunteered to test out this tutorial and will comment on this blogpost about it.
(Mostly because I don't have the time to test this fully myself.)


Thanks to Whoward69 for his original tutorial on http://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/Home.html
I just published it more publicly and made it a bit clearer (at least to me).

Please, don't upload these creations anywhere. If you want to share them, share by the button Twitter, Facebook,... Or share this link anywhere: http://bit.ly/fSnciT

No comments:

Post a Comment

For questions and help, contact me by messenger (sidebar) or on my Facebookpage: www.facebook.com/Sims2Idea
You can write your opinion about the downloads here on this blog.

Older creations